Epic Rex Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Heartgold Review

2 posters

Go down

Buy, Rent, or Skip? Read the review first!

Pokemon Heartgold Review I_vote_lcap100%Pokemon Heartgold Review I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 3 ]
Pokemon Heartgold Review I_vote_lcap0%Pokemon Heartgold Review I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Pokemon Heartgold Review I_vote_lcap0%Pokemon Heartgold Review I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

Pokemon Heartgold Review Empty Pokemon Heartgold Review

Post  Plato platinum Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:12 pm

Pokemon HeartGold Review

Pokemon Heartgold Review Pokemon_HeartGold_Version_box

Well. My first pokemon game was pokemon Diamond. I started with an Chimchar. I raised my team to become as tough as it got. I had a powerful Infernape, which knew flamethrower; Along with a few legendary's to top my team of. I started to become a pokemon nerd, (Like us all!) I then went on to buy Sapphire. Shortly followed by Fire red. So I had traveled through Kanto, Hoenn and, Sinnoh. Now all I had to do was travel through Johto. (Unova hadn't been announced at this time!) So Johto... Now, being a 12 year old, I don't really have a game boy Color to play pokemon Gold or Silver. So when Heartgold and Soulsilver was announced, I was like, affraid! Okay, fine. I was kinda dying to use that emoticon. Razz

Graphics and Creativity

I can say tonnes about the graphics. In pokemon platinum, they was the grey health bar. In Heartgold, they bring back the white health bar from Diamond and Pearl. I'm not sure what to think of the new bar really. But I do think the Platinum was a bit more creative.

In pokemon HG, we find out that all the pokemon in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, could follow you round both Kanto and Johto. The pokemon following trainers idea was introduced in pokemon yellow. In the first generation, with Pikachu following you. Now here we are, in the year 2010, introducing that idea again. All I'v got to say is that I think its a great idea, and is a huge success.

Pokemon wise we have all the 2nd generation pokemon, coming back onto a DS screens with huge improvements. For example, Lets compare two Sentrets:Pokemon Heartgold Review Spr_2g_161Pokemon Heartgold Review Spr_4h_161
Diffrent eh? So I think that says that the pokemon have defiantly improved from pokemon Gold.

Gameplay & Sound

Now then, the Sound... I don't know what to say. They isn't really any difference! It still has the catchy song. And gym leader music, but nothing that stands out! I'm kinda disappointed really.

Onto the gameplay... Now then, I havn't played Gold or Silver, so I don't really know that gameplay; but this gameplay compared to Platinum, was EPIC! It had Kanto with 8 more gyms to conquer. As well as the "legend" on top of Mt. Silver. The story line with team rocket was kinda good. Not sure who to like more, team Galactic, or team Rocket! Overall though, I think Heartgold totally wiped out D/P/PT.

Heartgold also introduced the Pokeathalon and Safari zone. This Safari zone you can change/ areas to change the pokemon! Some pokemon need some time to appear, but hay! Its your zone! Yep, you actually own this safari zone. That is, if you past the test of course!

The Verdict

Now I will rate my scores and add them together. It will be out of 40. (Out of 10 for each section.)

GRAPHICS: 9/10
CREATIVITY: 9/10
GAMEPLAY: 9/10
SOUND: 8.5/10

The total is... 35.5!

Views

So what do you think of the new games? Answer the poll, and type in your views, to tell us all what you think about them. I would buy. No questions about it. But, I'm different aren't I? So go and click what you think. Go on, do it. I can't wait for you thoughts on the games.

Last edited by Plato platinum on Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Plato platinum
Plato platinum

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Heartgold Review Empty Re: Pokemon Heartgold Review

Post  TyranitarusRex Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:45 pm

I disagree on the sound portion. All the music was remixed fro,m the original, while still having that same Johto feel. Then they had the GB Sounds, which for those of us who did play the originals, was a blast from the past. Honestly, the sound not being different, in comparison to the other DS Titles, really isn't saying much. For the most part, the sound isn't changed too much between games of the same system. I believe a higher score than 7.5/10 is in order. However, still a good review. HeartGold/SoulSilver is still a definite buy.

TyranitarusRex
Admin

https://ttarrex.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Plato platinum Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:30 pm

TyranitarusRex wrote:I disagree on the sound portion. All the music was remixed fro,m the original, while still having that same Johto feel. Then they had the GB Sounds, which for those of us who did play the originals, was a blast from the past. Honestly, the sound not being different, in comparison to the other DS Titles, really isn't saying much. For the most part, the sound isn't changed too much between games of the same system. I believe a higher score than 7.5/10 is in order. However, still a good review. HeartGold/SoulSilver is still a definite buy.
I'v never played Gold/Silver before so I wouldn't now. However, hearing your point has made me beef the score up to 8.5.
Plato platinum
Plato platinum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum