Epic Rex Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon White Review

3 posters

Go down

Pokemon White Review Empty Pokemon White Review

Post  Walwy Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:12 am

Pokemon has been around since 1998. Its been ten years. Its always been my gaming life. I didn't play till around 2005, but I have played (and own(ed)) the previous games. I loved Red, Blue, Yellow, TCG, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Saphire, LG, FR, Emerald, XD, etc. The only ones I found as a disapointment was D/P. The Pokemon seemed unoriginal and I was already getting bored of the series. But then they annouced a new game. Pokemon Black and White. Could this add to the series in a good way, or make Pokemon fail? I have bought, beaten, and am now starting competetive battling on Pokemon White. Heres my review.

Graphics and Creativity
Not much to say about the graphics. Pretty much the same as SS/HG. Creativity is the big part here. The thing I feared the most about this game was that there was little effort in creativity. I was wrong. This region makes a lot of new original Pokemon, while still making you feel like its Pokemon (in a way).
Pokemon White Review BW_Fr_565Epic
Not to mention there are no past Pokemon until after you beat the elite four. It really did make me feel like I was playing my first Pokemon game.

Gameplay & Sound
Not too much to say about the gameplay. It is the same Pokemon we know and love, but definitely more story oriented. The game offers lots of new features like the C Gear, the Pokemon sprites move, TMs are now infinite, you can migrate for as long as you want, etc. For the most part its the same Pokemon, but if it's not broken don't fix it : )As for the sound its also the same catchy beat we all remember from Pokemon.

Pokemon White Review 200px-Triple_Battles
The new triple battles!

The Verdict
Pokemon Black and White is an amazing comeback for Pokemon. I shall average up the scores now.

Creativity & Originality: 9
Graphics: 8
Gamelplay: 9.5
Sound: 9.5

Scores average to: 9

Buy, Rent, or Skip?
Is it a Buy, rent, or skip? Well its certainly not a skip or rent. Its a matter of wait or preorder. If you think you're comfortarble with Japanese, and just can't wwait then preoder it. It cost about $60. If you want to enjoy this game to the fullest, definitely wait untill spring.

Walwy
Walwy

Back to top Go down

Pokemon White Review Empty Re: Pokemon White Review

Post  TheRealMaster aka Shelxio Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:38 pm

Great review. However, I can't read a WORD of Japanese, and Dev's Translation thing doesn't really work all that well (or so I've heard).
TheRealMaster aka Shelxio
TheRealMaster aka Shelxio
Admin

Location : Check to see if I'm online. If I am, I'm here. If I'm not, I'm not.

Back to top Go down

Post  Walwy Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:08 pm

Then I guess that means you should wait till spring like my review says. And you really think its good? I personally think its too short. Next review will probrably be on MW2.
Walwy
Walwy

Back to top Go down

Post  TyranitarusRex Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:39 pm

I personally can't wait to get White, and I will probably write my own review when it comes out in english.

TyranitarusRex
Admin

https://ttarrex.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum